MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.2.2 upgrade trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

followed every step in the wiki

when pointing my loved browser to http://myforum/install/upgrade.php, I recieve this error message

Quote:/var/www/html/dics/install/resources///language.lang.php does not exist

Any clue ?

I have no 'language.lang.php' file anywhere

I have 2 'languages.lang.php'. One in each 'admin' subfolder of all my installed languages folders...
Did you by chance use the changed files archive?

If so you need to have the old version of the installer uploaded to the install directory before you override the contents of it with the 1.2.2 files to ensure you have ALL of the files.
oh, right !!

I don't have the old install folder in my backup archive.
I'll get the complete 1.2.2 and in the future just put a 'lock' file in my install folder instead of removing it

thanx again for all the quick support !! Smile

Laterz
so if i get what your saying:

Delete the install folder and you cannot upgrade? That is missleading because in your wiki guide it says:

After the upgrade is complete delete the "install" folder and for extra protection, CHMOD ./inc/config.php to 755.

thats what i did on mybb 1.2...or 1.2.1 which ever it was...last time i upgraded...now im having the problems:

'critical transfer error' in the ftp upload and as the page displays it says:

Warning: main(/home/.sites/104/site79/web/forums/inc/class_timers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/104/site79/web/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 20

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/.sites/104/site79/web/forums/inc/class_timers.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/104/site79/web/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 20
After install, you should check the install folder and see if it has a file named "lock" in it. If it does, then nobody can access the install folder at all. If it doesn't have a "lock" file in it, then you should either set the chmod of the folder and its files to 0, or delete the entire folder.
...so i lost my forum...damn...

so for this time round, if it has a lock file keep it if it doesnt, delete it?
Yup. Also make sure you upload every file, because you seem to have been getting "no such file" php errors.
I did the same like they guy above:
Uploaded all the changed files (install directory already was removed before), and ran the installer.. but I got no error messages.. so is there anything wrong now with the functionality of my forum?
thats the thing, im uploading everything...just doesnt work...
UPDATE!

It seems i got it going...thing is i now find my php templates and stuff like that arnt being uploaded. any reason why that may be?
ALL THAT KICKING AND SCREAMING! i fixed it...