MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

i would like to know how to remove the "Sub Forums: Expired" appearing from the News. It should only be access able from the news forum inside. I know there is way to globally disable it but i only want it for this forum.

[attachment=29657]

Thanks & Regards,
k1R@
1. Download Template Conditionals if you haven't done that already http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464 (tplcond-1.7.7z)
2. Upload and activate it
3. In forumbit_depth2_forum replace:
{$subforums}
With:
<if $forum['fid'] != X then>
{$subforums}
</if>

Change X to the News forum fid (number in link, so for example in this forum http://community.mybb.com/forum-127.html X would be 127).
Thank you, worked well.
I am coming back to this because i would like to do it for more forums than just one. I did try like 3, 56 but it messes up the forum then

May anyone give me the code for that?
<if !in_array($fid, array('x', 'y', 'z')) then>
{$subforums}
</if>
x, y, z --> forum IDs (can be any number of IDs separated by comma)

edit: please see recent response by D666
That does not work, the subforums will still displayed.
In ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Forum Home Options Change settings for Subforums to show on index.
(2013-07-01, 08:59 PM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

i would like to know how to remove the "Sub Forums: Expired" appearing from the News. It should only be access able from the news forum inside. I know there is way to globally disable it but i only want it for this forum.

As i said, thats not what i am looking for.
^ if you are trying to remove showing of subforums for forums x, y, z then the code should work.
if you are trying to remove subforums x, y, z then then that requires a different method!
I don't know if you tried it but it does not work for sure.
But you may give me the code to remove the subforums, corresponding. Might be better.
Pages: 1 2