MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help for deleting all the users after merging from phpbb3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I installed a new forum mybb, and then merged the old one phpbb3 into it. I found that too many users (~140 000) have been added from the old forum to the new one, I try to delete all of them. But I can not find any options in mybb to do easily, does anyone know how? Thanks.
I'd suggest to try using pruning facility available at below location
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> User Pruning
(2013-07-02, 09:30 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest to try using pruning facility available at below location
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> User Pruning

Thanks, but it seems the user pruning didnot work. I set it as follows:
Prune user by post count?
Set to on to prune users by their number of posts.
On
Days registered before pruning by post count

Prune unactivated users?
Set to on to prune users whom are unactived.
On
Days registered before pruning unactivated users
then run user pruning under the tools$maintence/task manager

it says the "The selected task has been run successfully. " but all the users still there

do you know the where the users inform saved in the mybb source code, can I deletes them directly?
though you can use SQL query to delete all the users except yourself, try again pruning method

Post count to prune by
Set to prune users less then a specified number of posts. --> put 1

Set to prune users whom have been registered for atleast the given amount of days. -->put 1

Set to prune users whom have been unactived for atleast the given amount of days --> put 1
(2013-07-02, 10:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]though you can use SQL query to delete all the users except yourself, try again pruning method

Post count to prune by
Set to prune users less then a specified number of posts. --> put 1

Set to prune users whom have been registered for atleast the given amount of days. -->put 1

Set to prune users whom have been unactived for atleast the given amount of days --> put 1

Thanks very much for your reply, unfortunately, It sill didnot work when I put the numbers as you mentioned. Is this a bug? by the way I am totially new about SQL, can you explain a little bittle about how to use SQL query to delete users. Thanks in advance.
you can see common sql queries and how to run them for the Queries guidance

below query deletes all users except the root administrator (having user id = 1)
DELETE FROM mybb_users WHERE uid <> 1

see also replies here for the related guidance
How many times did you run the merge system? Is your phpBB install customized at all in terms of mods?
(2013-07-02, 11:39 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can see common sql queries and how to run them for the Queries guidance

below query deletes all users except the root administrator (having user id = 1)
DELETE FROM mybb_users WHERE uid <> 1

see also replies here for the related guidance

Thanks, these seem hard to me.
I'd better to restore the old database.
Thanks anyway for your reply.

(2013-07-02, 12:59 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]How many times did you run the merge system? Is your phpBB install customized at all in terms of mods?

Thanks.
Once, I need some attenchments, that's why I had to transfer all the users because of the dependency.
so are you using the merge system to transfer only part of the old board contents or are you actually trying to migrate from phpBB to MyBB completely?