MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: just found out I've been getting nuisance from calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure whether it is what you called being hacked but with my calendar I have been receiving really awful website links by the hundreds and it took a long time to delete.
Is there anyway I can make someone register and I approve as administrator first before these are viewed online?
I noticed that they were all using the id as 0 and the field is an auto increment starting 0.
Thank you so much
theresa Wrote:I noticed that they were all using the id as 0
By this are you referring to the user IDs?

theresa Wrote:and the field is an auto increment starting 0.
Thank you so much
Are you referring to the event ID?

I'm a little bit confused by which IDs and fields you're talking about.

If the UIDs are 0, you should edit the Guest usergroup and make sure they are not allowed to add calendar events.
Hi thanks, its starting all over again today.
When I got to phpmyadmin and do
SELECT *
FROM mybb_events
and select row(s) starting from record # 0
I get them to show up, otherwise I can't find them.
It's in this table the person is using author as '0'
The weird thing is when I place anything in the calendar (from day 1) as admin, my author number is '1'
Is it because author is unsigned not null default '0'
If this is the case why did my id come up as '1' when I was the first to place anything in the calendar?
To try and prevent this user - well the url are from hundreds of websites and the only thing I can see to prevent this user is by closing the calendar to the public.
Or can I make that they have to register first, as this person doesn't appear to be registered.
I have checked my users, I only have a few at the moment as it is new.
Thanks for your help, I would like to get rid of this pest.
This what I keep getting hundreds of times over every day:
<<snip>>
To not allow Guest to post public calendar events, do the following:
ACP > Users and Groups > Manage Groups > Unregistered / Not Logged In > Set "Can Add Public Events" to "no"
Sorry about adding the last part. Thanks for the edit.
Shall try what you suggest and will be back shortly.
Thanks I did that - well now I know how to manage groups. Thank you.
For future reference, in most cases a user ID of 0 indicates a guest user (not logged in).
Cool thanks I will remember that.