MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization Code Mismatch (ALREADY SEARCHED)!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Everytime I try and quick edit/delete rep, etc, I get an "Authorization Code Mismatch" error.

I've already looked at the sticky, and I've already tried to revert all associated templates. Nothing works. This is driving me insane.

I even cross-checked the "{$mybb->post_code}" string, but to no avail. I think there's a flaw in the system because some of the templates that actually do have the string do not appear in the search results list.

Anyways, help!

I'm using 1.6.8 myBB right now (but upgrading shouldn't be the problem, because it was working fine before, on 1.6.8) and I'm afraid to upgrade because I have some custom php files and I've forgotten exactly which ones I've customized.

Heeeelp.

URL: techPrime.net
can you PM me temporary admin account and wait for sometime
What I'd suggest is:
1) Upgrade to 1.6.10
2) Use the "Find updated templates" function.
3) Update every template shown as outdated.
4) Don't customize the files directly, use Patches http://mods.mybb.com/view/patches to make changes in default MyBB files or plugin hooks to make own plugins.
But why would upgrading help when it worked before?
^ sooner or later it is better to upgrade as a new version is aimed to have better security
'it worked before' and 'not working now' means there is something wrong!
I just found this. Getting the same error when trying to 'subscribe to a thread'. Everything else seems to be okay. Is there any easy way to fix this as opposed to updating templates to stock. I seriously can't even count the number of mods I've made to templates.

Wish I'd known about patches sooner Sad
^ see this --> Authorization code mismatch (replies here might also help)
Yes, the clue was in the second link.

in showthread templates > showthread

I found the code in the default mybb showthread template and pasted it into my template. Fixed it by changing:
<a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>
to:
<a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>

Jeez. I wonder how long it was like this. Probably since the update to 1.6.11? or update to 1.6.10? Maybe since I first opened the forum.

Thanks again .m.