MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading Avatars: The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Try using this script and see which error you get. (This was made previously for a separate issue). That may shed some more light on the issue Smile

Try setting the admin_value without the trailing slash too, can never remember whether you need it or not Toungue
^^^ I remember I faced same issue in your case at my site Polarbear, and I did set your avatar running SQL query. It happened only once for your case and never happened again.

Even now if I try to apply particularly your provided avatar url (which is basically a .php) I still get error.
(2013-07-12, 11:38 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Try using this script and see which error you get. (This was made previously for a separate issue). That may shed some more light on the issue Smile

Try setting the admin_value without the trailing slash too, can never remember whether you need it or not Toungue

No errors, but output anyways:

Quote:Upload filename: myimage.jpg
Upload type: image/jpeg
Upload temp name: /tmp/phprqRlsx
Upload error code: 0
Upload size: 58950

It should say /home/tmp though, I swear I moved the php locations to it. Perhaps just not PHP? How would I check that? The reason why we had to move to /home/tmp instead was of the directory had limited space.
Actually I've just realized I misread one of your previous posts.

(2013-07-12, 06:09 AM)kdevs Wrote: [ -> ]in php.ini I changed to:

php_value upload_tmp_dir "/home/tmp/"

Putting that in your php.ini won't help, that would only work in a htaccess file. You'd need to find this:
; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
; http://php.net/upload-tmp-dir
;upload_tmp_dir =
in your php.ini and uncomment it (remove the semi-colon) and then enter /home/tmp in there. Smile
(2013-07-12, 05:42 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I've just realized I misread one of your previous posts.

(2013-07-12, 06:09 AM)kdevs Wrote: [ -> ]in php.ini I changed to:

php_value upload_tmp_dir "/home/tmp/"

Putting that in your php.ini won't help, that would only work in a htaccess file. You'd need to find this:
; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
; http://php.net/upload-tmp-dir
;upload_tmp_dir =
in your php.ini and uncomment it (remove the semi-colon) and then enter /home/tmp in there. Smile

Alright, did that. restarted apache. Same results. Sad

You okay with taking this into a PM, maybe you could help me a bit more with some information?
Sure go ahead Smile
I'd like to also add that this sometimes work and doesn't work. Users can upload if they keep trying.
Pages: 1 2