MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site being mirrored unknowingly!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Recently I have traced every page of my site is being mirrored by a third party site naming "webhostbox.net". I don't know what that site is about, why and how it is copying my site.

Say if my site page is:
demonate.com/index.php

There is another link available:
demonate.com.cp-35.webhostbox.net/index.php

The serious concern is most of those CC pages are infected (probably):

[Image: lBM36Iz.png]

Can anyone have any idea about what is happening?
Hi effone, I guess here cp in your URL is referring to CPanel. Check in your CPanel if there any thing relating to demonate.com.cp-35.webhostbox.net. Some times they will give such type of domain for preview if your site isn't live yet.

Let me know if you got more news on this.

Also contact your hosting provider and they may provide the details.
@effone, did you got any progress on this?
(2013-07-03, 04:08 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]The serious concern is most of those CC pages are infected (probably):

[Image: lBM36Iz.png]

Can anyone have any idea about what is happening?
Phishing is not a infection phishing is
"A phishing attack takes place when someone masquerades as someone else to trick you into sharing personal or other sensitive information with them, usually through a fake website."

Now the question why does google detect these pages as phishing....you yourself have answered it ...

Your actual domain is "demonate.com" and this partially branded domain which you are worried about is "demonate.com.cp-35.webhostbox.net/index.php" you will see these type of domains usually when you are using a shared hosting...

now the thing is google detects "demonate.com.cp-35.webhostbox.net/index.php" these pages as phishing because your website is programed to point to "demonate.com" but the current url goes to "demonate.com.cp-35.webhostbox.net/index.php" so google thinks there is something fishy opps sorry phishy Big Grin
^^^ so, that concludes I should not worry about, right?
Also, Jordan Mussi has provided some expert advice. Lets hope for the best ...
hello effone.

There may be a very bad link in your forum.
This does not happen in mozilla, crome and opera.

Contact your browser. and find out who reported it, people like that should be drowned into hell.
false report.
(2013-07-09, 04:07 AM)ikhwanulfikri Wrote: [ -> ]There may be a very bad link in your forum.
Sad

(2013-07-09, 04:07 AM)ikhwanulfikri Wrote: [ -> ]Contact your browser.
Sad Sad
right in the browser settings there is a place to report the problem. Confused
Here is a proper definition for what is this partial branded url..

The domain demonate.com is hosted on our(Initiotech Solutions) Linux servers.

Now each server has a temporary URL through which you can test your site.
i.e. If you have uploaded the contents for your site on your hosting server and you have not yet pointed the domain to the hosting server, then the website demonate.com wont resolve.
So in this case we provide a temporary URL through which you can test the contents uploaded by resolving the temporary URL.

Hence for every server we have a temporary URL. For your server the temporary URL is demonate.com.cp-35.webhostbox.net

So to test the contents on your site without actually pointing the domain to the hosting server you can test using
demonate.com.cp-35.webhostbox.net/index.php

Hope this clears the confusion !

You do not have to worry about any phishing activities etc...Big Grin

(2013-07-09, 04:55 AM)ikhwanulfikri Wrote: [ -> ]right in the browser settings there is a place to report the problem. Confused
I think what ikhwanlfikri means is about that phishing warning...he thinks someone might have reported your site as phishing which is not the case...Google has smart techniques to detect any kind of URL masking behaviors...for example if you have a website running with a dedicated IP address which does not have a SSL Certificate then you will see that when you try to access your website with the domain alias...it would work fine but when you try to access the same with the IP Address google chrome or other browsers might give you the phishing warning...so thats just something which depends on what URL you use to access your website..
Thanks hefind.
I'm leaving it here considering the issue resolved unless something is going wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3