MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 Upgrade Problem - 500 Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

First , thanks for making a beautiful piece of code that works better than IPB and vBulletin.

I tried installing from 1.2.1 (with temporary patch applied) to 1.2.2.

I followed the instructions in the Wiki to the letter. http://wiki.mybboard.com/index.php/Upgrading

Btw, this point has no folder permission details below it.

CHMOD the above two files to 666 (or 777, whatever suits your server), and also CHMOD the folders listed below to 777:

Now when I run the install URL I get:

500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, < my email address > and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I did remember to copy the old config.php and settings.php file back into in /inc directory and the directory permissions are correct too (777).

What could have gone wrong?
Some servers don't like the 777 chmod setting. My old server hated it and did the same. However, a quick workaround is to use the chmod 755 instead...which should work.

If 755 doesn't work, then 666 should...like the wiki says.