MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Quote On One Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to disable quoting on just one single forum? Smile
you can disable all MyCodes in a specific forum (i.e., bold, italic, ... quote, code .. etc do not work)

it is available in edit forum settings (forum management)
admin panel >> forums & posts >> Forum Management >> (options --> edit forum) -->
scroll down for Miscellaneous Options --> deselect Yes, allow MyCode in posts & save forum
(2013-07-03, 05:56 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can disable all MyCodes in a specific forum (i.e., bold, italic, ... quote, code .. etc do not work)

it is available in edit forum settings (forum management)
admin panel >> forums & posts >> Forum Management >> (options --> edit forum) -->
scroll down for Miscellaneous Options --> deselect Yes, allow MyCode in posts & save forum

Thank you very much for the reply, but I would like my users to be able to use all the MyCodes except the quote function. Is there a solution for that? Smile

Any solutions? Big Grin
Any solution? Toungue
This would require a plugin, I doubt there's any plugin for this. I tried searching for a plugin but couldn't find one. You could request some help in the Plugin and Code Modifications section or get a rough idea by following the thread below. The link below is of a support thread in which the OP asked how to disable quickreply in one forum.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-125408.html

Good Luck!
I don't want to use the conditionals plugin though. Sad
(2013-07-11, 12:38 AM)Rick Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to use the conditionals plugin though. Sad

I hate when people ask for solutions but then say, "Oh, but I don't want that solution."

Template Conditionals is probably the best way for you to do this. You can use it to hide the quote button and give the posts in that specific forum a special class with blockquote set to display: none;.

That's probably your best bet.
(2013-07-11, 12:38 AM)Rick Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to use the conditionals plugin though. Sad

If you don't want to use conditionals plugin then use my second solution which is to ask for some help in the Plugins and Code Modifications section.

(2013-07-11, 12:40 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]

I hate when people ask for solutions but then say, "Oh, but I don't want that solution."

Template Conditionals is probably the best way for you to do this. You can use it to hide the quote button and give the posts in that specific forum a special class with blockquote set to display: none;.

That's probably your best bet.

I completely agree with you. Sad part is that I took out my precious time to do some research for the OP which they could have done for themselves yet they didn't appreciate it Sad
The most reliable solution would be to use a plugin to avoid the forum parsing quotes at all. As already suggested you would most likely need to request/pay for one.
(2013-07-11, 12:40 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I hate when people ask for solutions but then say, "Oh, but I don't want that solution."
There's a reason why I that solution wouldn't work for me.
(2013-07-11, 12:28 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Sad part is that I took out my precious time to do some research for the OP which they could have done for themselves yet they didn't appreciate it Sad
I did the research myself, and have found the conditionals solution not a viable option for my use. It's not that I don't appreciate it. Thank you for your research. But I've spent a lot of time on it too.

And Thank you to everyone who replied. I do appreciate your work. Smile But I've done my research before asking here, and that's why I knew the conditionals plugin wouldn't work for me.

I've hired a php programmer to solve this issue.