MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help! totally ballsed up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the latest back-up I did something stupid....

luckily though I've backed-up

but I went into install, instead of upgrade

how do I rectify this problem?

I went into the tutorials section, and while it does explain how to restore a database, it makes no sense, my web-host does have phpMyAdmin, but I can't seem to import my back up

please please please help me and tell me that this can be undone!

anyone? please, help!!!

I'm getting really really stressed now!
Depending on your version of phpmyadmin you should have an "Import"-link or a field titled "Run SQL query/queries on database" where you can upload your backup-file (as plaintext or gzip). Or you can copy and paste your backup in the textarea for sqlqueries.
(You might get problems if your backup is big. Try http://mysqldumper.de/en/ instead.)
there is an import link, but it's saying that i didn't enter any data to import

and i'm not sure how to run sql queries
What kind of backup do you have, gzip, plain? Try to open it with an editor or zip-programm. Is it sql-data, like INSERT INTO.... etc.?
If such data is present you can try to copy and paste it in one of the "Run SQL query/queries on database"-fields in phpmyadmin. But it should work via file upload, too...
the back-up is the data of the table that i expoted from phpmyadmin

but my webhost has a livechat feature with a technical person, and they'll get it sorted for me, just need to email the webhost and they'll get it done

but thank you for your help Smile much appreciated