MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: move users from 1 group to another after X time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if the group promotions can handle what I'm looking for so I figured I'd ask in here.

I'm looking to set up advertising vendors on my site with badges that expire at different intervals. I figured I could create new groups with the badges and then hopefully have something set up so that when their time in the group has expired (say intervals of 3 months, 6 months & 12 months), they'll get moved out of that group and back into their old group. Ideally I'd keep them in their primary group and just have the new group as their secondary.

is such a thing possible and is there a better method to handle it than what I mentioned?
It does sound suspiciously like a subscriptions thing Shemo - have you tried any of the subscription plugins?
(2013-07-05, 01:12 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It does sound suspiciously like a subscriptions thing Shemo - have you tried any of the subscription plugins?

I didn't know any such thing existed.

I'm trying to limit my use of plugins and was hoping the core system could accomplish it.