MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is mybb causing it??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,
my own server ip is accessing non existent files n folders and thus causing thousands of error logs. which might be causing high CPU resources for my site. it's almost my own server ip which is appearing in error logs. I told my webhost about it and told them to correct it and that's what they replied...

We understand your concern. The reason
why your own IP is being listed in cPanel
error log is because your website script
itself is trying to access the files as
specified in the log file. You will have to
revise the script with the help of your web
developer to identify which part of script is
making such access.

any help please??
It would help if you told us what files were being accessed.
It seems it got corrected itself or mywebhost corrected it. today i login into my cpanel error log and now my ips are not showing up. that was distracting from few days and now gone its by itself.
[attachment=29736]
(2013-07-05, 05:54 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It would help if you told us what files were being accessed.

Here are some of the folder which my own ip is accessing. there are more but i can only able to take a screen shot of these.
[attachment=29736]
Firstly, I would like to give you a pre-caution tip. When takes images or sharing errors of your website especially from the error log, be sure to censor your username for security reasons.

As for the solution to this problem, you seem to be missing some files. Try re-uploading a fresh copy of MyBB but try not to replace the .inc/settings.php and .inc/config.php files.
(2013-07-15, 03:08 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, I would like to give you a pre-caution tip. When takes images or sharing errors of your website especially from the error log, be sure to censor your username for security reasons.

As for the solution to this problem, you seem to be missing some files. Try re-uploading a fresh copy of MyBB but try not to replace the .inc/settings.php and .inc/config.php files.

I used softaculous for this. and where did Leefish said it. I did not see his that comment on this thread.
That's likely the problem. You shouldn't rely on Softaculous for installing/upgrading MyBB. It often causes errors.
(2013-07-15, 03:16 PM)new1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-15, 03:08 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, I would like to give you a pre-caution tip. When takes images or sharing errors of your website especially from the error log, be sure to censor your username for security reasons.

I used softaculous for this. and where did Leefish said it. I did not see his that comment on this thread.

Lol don't worry. What Leefish said was on another thread, I found it funny so kept it as my signature. It was not meant for you.

As for softaculous, what Nathan said is right. You would have to re-install your entire forum. Here are some helpful links to install MyBB.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-123762.html
http://community.mybb.com/thread-89411.html

Recommended: http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html
(2013-07-15, 03:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]That's likely the problem. You shouldn't rely on Softaculous for installing/upgrading MyBB. It often causes errors.
Ok, i would re-install manually but i want to keep my data saved, like posts, thread, users. how to save them and use it on new install?
All the activity such as posts, threads, users, etc are saved in your database. When you try to reinstall, just don't delete your database(PHPMyAdmin), just work on the FTP files and you should be good to go.
Pages: 1 2