MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing upgrade error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have old version of mybb, which was modificated by me (I made some adjustments to connect it with other CMS). It was my project which I was develeping a year ago and when I try to execute my forum today this pops up:

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
    MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
    Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it. 
I dont want to upgrade my board I want only to delete this error. My question is, which file needs to be edited to erase this error message (or what are other ways to let me in my board)?

Thanks
What version of MyBB are you running? You should always use the latest version of MyBB otherwise your forum is at risk.
I think it is 'MyBB 1.6'. I know, I know but it is my private testing forum, only I have acess there. I don't want to rewrite whole code for new mybb version, it would took few days and I simply don't want to do needless stuff. Smile
^ but it appears that you / someone uploaded files to upgrade your testing board ! (ref. common error messages)
Quote:Error Type: MyBB Error (42)
Error Message: Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Information: This occurs when you are attempting to do a major upgrade, for example 1.2.x to 1.4.x, and after upload the new files, you do not run the upgrade script.
To fix this, go to ./install/upgrade.php and choose your old version from the list.
The problem is that nobody has touched those files since holidays 2012 so it is simply impossible. What is more, I tried to download new MyBB (1.6.10) and connect it to my already existing database and the same error occured. I am sure tht there is some way to delete error messge from some file to make it work more less (that is all that I need).
^ MyBB 1.6.10 surely doesn't connect to the earlier database without upgrading.
anyway, would you like to PM me the required privileges to check & fix the issue