MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Way to have different member ranks for different genders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know there's a way to have different members ranks for male and female users? Like for instance, if post count = 100, a male user would get "Fighter", and a female user would get "White Mage" (basic examples).

My site is on the Tales series, which has a Title system it uses in the games, and it would be neat to duplicate that in the forum. I have ideas to make this go further (by picking a character in a extra field, etc.), but doing it by gender would be easier (and I could use that as a stepping stone for other ideas), I would imagine.

Any help would be appreciated.. Smile
Very doable. A plugin could do this. Not sure who wants to tackle it though. Are you able to code yourself?
so the game has an EXTREME sex bias? because i'm sure that's cool with everyone.
turpentine Wrote:so the game has an EXTREME sex bias? because i'm sure that's cool with everyone.

Those were basic example (taken more from FF, though).

It's just that some of the titles are more "girlish" for the girls in the game, and vice-versa for the guys. Nothing extreme like you are taking it. >.>

I *might* be able to do it, just maybe need whatever calls the male/female ID in the profile. With that, I could probably do an "if male, these titles, if female, these titles" with that. But how to do it so it will work for anyone, that would be tough.

At the least, I could maybe get the basics, and someone with a better plugin knowledge could do the more complicated stuff.

Anyways, if anyone happens to know what code calls the male/female values in the profile, that would be the stepping stone I would need (I'll try looking for them as well, once I get my forum online --- it's offline right now while I'm getting it ready).
Looking through inc/functions_user.php, this currently isn't available. The function which checks user titles (get_usertitle) does not have any hooks, so you would need a mod instead of a plugin.

If you hack get_usertitle, you will need to modify the query that selects the user to include custom userfields. Gender is fid3 of the TABLE_PREFIXuserfields table. TABLE_PREFIXuserfields.ufid is a foreign key which matches to TABLE_PREFIXusers.uid.

The gender may be Male, Female, Other, Undisclosed, or the empty string. I've hacked my copy of MyBB to remove Other (this option doesn't make sense on a genealogical site).
Thanks. Smile

I understood most of that (amazingly), and I'll probably pick up the rest of it as I go.

I'll inform you all if I make any progress with this.