MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just install the MYBB 1.2.2 and now the board is all gone? The page shows---->

MyBB Error

MyBB has generated a critical error and as a result cannot function correctly.

MyBB Said:

Error Code: board_not_installed

Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Please try clicking the Refresh button in your web browser to see if this corrects this problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

MyBB 1.2.2

Can anyone help please......

Here is the site http://gecommunity.byethost31.com/forum/
Like read the message... Why don't you start by installing it...
Alternatively if you had a version of MyBB installed previously and attempted to upgrade to 1.2.2 you've overwritten your configuration and settings files. You need to make sure you follow the upgrade instructions properly in the future.

To create a new config.php please copy the code below and change the values for database host, name, username and password. Save it in your "inc" directory as "config.php"

<?php
/**
 * Daatabase configuration
 */

$config['dbtype'] = 'mysql';
$config['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['username'] = 'username';
$config['password'] = 'password';
$config['database'] = 'database';
$config['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

/**
 * Admin CP directory
 *  For security reasons, it is recommended you
 *  rename your Admin CP directory. You then need
 *  to adjust the value below to point to the
 *  new directory.
 */

$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin';

/**
 * Hide all Admin CP links
 *  If you wish to hide all Admin CP links
 *  on the front end of the board after
 *  renaming your Admin CP directory, set this
 *  to 1.
 */

$config['hide_admin_links'] = 0;

/**
 * Data-cache configuration
 *  The data cache is a temporary cache
 *  of the most commonly accessed data in MyBB.
 *  By default, the database is used to store this data.
 *  If you wish to use the file system (inc/cache directory)
 *  you can change the value below to 'files' from 'db'.
 */

$config['cache_store'] = 'db';

/**
 * Super Administrators
 *  A comma separated list of user IDs who cannot
 *  be edited, deleted or banned in the Admin CP.
 *  The administrator permissions for these users
 *  cannot be altered either.
 */

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

?>
I made a new config.php but still the board is same? Or maybe i did not understand can you teach me step by step. 1st i try to install/upgrade the 1.2.2 and that is when the problem started, what do i have to do now do i have to reinstall or something else....
you have to delete the install folder after you upgrade your forum
From where do i have to delete the install folder? I use smartFPT to upload the files....

*Is that the folder below the inc, the install folder contain folders like image,resource ,index.php,lock and some files is that the install folder i have to delete?*
yourforumfolder/install you should delete the install folder from your forum directory
Is that the folder below the inc, the install folder contain folders like image,resource ,index.php,lock and some files is that the install folder i have to delete?

*I delete the folder but notthing happen the error is this there?*

*Someone please help me quick i am losing members Sad*
Coder Wrote:you have to delete the install folder after you upgrade your forum

That won't solve his problem.

Please be sure that when you're making posts to support users that they're correct and don't contain general information such as "Please correct your theme settings" or "Delete this/that"
DragonLord Wrote:I made a new config.php but still the board is same? Or maybe i did not understand can you teach me step by step. 1st i try to install/upgrade the 1.2.2 and that is when the problem started, what do i have to do now do i have to reinstall or something else....

The only reason that message shows is if your configuration file is invalid or incomplete. Did you place the file in the inc directory?
Yes i did and this will be the fifth time i am going to reinstall.....

*Please check this, this is what i am doing,

i upload all the files from the Upload folder which i downloaded from mybb_122 and i overwrite every thing they ask..... that is what i did.*
Pages: 1 2