MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to stop ddos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how to stop ddos on mybb forum Smile

is new version helpful in this regard and what do i need to stop it or minimize ddos on mybb

as i know vbulletin is prone to ddos, anybody can ddos it easily, what about my forum, its on mybb Smile

i don't want it to be ddosed Smile

Thanks in Advance, hope some of the staff or may be chris will answer my querySmile
Denial of Service attacks have nothing to do with forum software, just how secure your server is.
You can blacklist IPs and subnets via .htaccess or httpd.conf . Talk to your network admin if you need help.
bro i mean different kind of ddos, if someone make more than 1000 connection to the webpage, mysql server will stop working, it will refuse the request of all the ppl, cause of many queries made by guests, isn't there a way to stop access to guests more than 10 at a time?

Regards
All-Expert
You can limit it like that but that is stupid.

Your limiting should be done at the server (Apache, IPTables etc) level, not at the software level because if it is done at the software level then the load is still going to increase via visitors
thanks alot chris, but this ddos is weird Sad its make my mysql dead cuase of numerous queries and i got this error
Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/yahprosc/public_html/xpert-zone.com/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 313 MySQL error: Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/yahprosc/public_html/xpert-zone.com/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 314 Query:

don't know how to stop it Sad
That is not DDOS. Your hosts MySQL server went down for some reason or another. Contact them to see whats going on.
ok bro tikitiki thanks for the info Smile
If you are under shared hosting, it's your host's responsibility to protect their webserver from http dos and flood attacks. Even if it's a flood attack, the webserver should have stopped responding before mysql going down.

It's probably either bad queries on your host's server, or an overloaded server.
Just to add....it's the server level you stop DDOS...actually even better is at the router or a firewall. The software is the last place you want to try and prevent DDOS attacks.