MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: design it theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well basically I've been trying to design a good theme for a creating mmorpg website/forum and i am having some difficulties and wondering if anyone could possibly help me make it better/ look nicer or even put me in the right direction.

this is currently what i have atm.
[Image: theme.jpg]

i hope someone cane help me out or point me in the right direction...
Describe the problems you are facing or the things you want to do, but can't.
well basically I can;t design, no idea what colors if any or what should be done to make it look good as a forum/site as you can see its pretty bland. Mostly i want it to look nice which i don't know how to do that. Ive seen sites that do so much more than me and so much better but im basically at a design flook
You might be best going for a custom theme - I have seen some nice ones about at fair prices.
If you want, I can add you on Skype (or PM, whichever you prefer) and give you some tips and pointers on how to make the theme better Smile
Or if you want to learn yourself, MyBB itself is the best Bible for you.
Open the templates and stylesheets and try to figure out which code chunk is affecting where and how.
@effone - though I agree that digging in the templates is a good way to learn to code the forum it does not help with design. I sympathise with the OP because I suck at design too.
sure ferron and thank you ill send you a pm with my skype name. and thank you everyone for your help so far.
You've got a good start! I took your initial concept for the header and jazzed it up a little bit for you too give you some inspiration.

Simple things such as adding in colour and increasing the padding on your elements as I've done here it improves the allure of the design quite a bit. I've also created a random little icon that you could use to brand your forum.

[Image: iWEZARmSTv6Y5.jpg]

If you use the concept of this header design or something similar to it, it's quite easy to create a simple but attractive theme, just make all the elements flow together in terms of spacing, positioning, font size, and colour! Smile
oh jessie that is very nice =]. got a skype account?
Pages: 1 2