MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How REPORT system works?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends I just like you want to combat spammers and I want to place a message on every post saying something like "if you believe this post is a spam please report it" but I have no idea how MyBB report system works.
Can you help please.
Thanks

P.S. Do you know how can I add this message to the bottom of every post "if you believe this post is a spam please report it"?
^ moderators and administrators get a message at the top of the page that there is (/are) reported post(s)
that message links to the page of reported posts list. action can be taken by visiting reported posts.
(2013-07-09, 01:38 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ moderators and administrators get a message at the top of the page that there is (/are) reported post(s)
that message links to the page of reported posts list. action can be taken by visiting reported posts.

Hi is this message visible to moderators everywhere, or it just visible once you visit the reported post. I mean does it look like PM?
^ that message is visible on all pages just like the PM alert. (you can see how it works by reporting a post on your forum)
(2013-07-09, 01:48 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ that message is visible on all pages just like the PM alert. (you can see how it works by reporting a post on your forum)

Thank you, listen do you know how I can add a short message after every post to encourage people to report spam

If I report one of the post on my forum just to test it is it going to harm that post in someways?
^ admin panel >> templates >> active theme templates >> Post Bit Templates >>
you have to modify both postbit and postbit_classic templates

find {$post['message']} and after it add below code in a new line
<div class="reportpost">your message here</div>

and you can add required css style for class .reportpost in global.css (advanced edit mode - at the bottom)
(2013-07-09, 02:05 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ admin panel >> templates >> active theme templates >> Post Bit Templates >>
you have to modify both postbit and postbit_classic templates

find {$post['message']} and after it add below code in a new line
<div class="reportpost">your message here</div>

and you can add required css style for class .reportpost in global.css (advanced edit mode - at the bottom)

OMG! .M. thank you so much for your help. +1 from me Heart
As already stated, members hit the report button and moderators get an alert saying there is a reported post.

Simple, good luck!
(2013-07-09, 02:26 PM)Hayden J Wrote: [ -> ]As already stated, members hit the report button and moderators get an alert saying there is a reported post.

Simple, good luck!

Thank you too friend. For you guys that know everything about this amazing forum is simple but for me is just a new stuff I need to know. Thank you all