MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: adding an admin box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add a text area on the admin dash board/home page which allows me and my co owner to add notes to say we have updated something so we are on top of it all.

similar to the Personal Pad in the UserCP but for the admin CP.

dave.
I remember seeing a notepad-like feature in the ACP. It should be in the first few links in the ACP Navigation, IIRC.
oh ye...ok next question is how do i move this so there is a copy on the homepage?
If you login to the Admin CP, there is a link called "CP Preferences" on the left frame. It comes with a built-in notepad.

Second, you could just make a separate page by yourself which you can add info to your partners. Similar to a news section.
It's just like multiplayer notepad!
all i need to do is copy the personal notes from the preferences to the home page of the admin. i assume this would be a simple copy and paste job from one file to another.

i know the coding for the homepage is in admin/index.php but don't know where the code is for the personal notes bit.