MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WHM / cPanel CPU Overload
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys
I keep on getting this red icon with the server load.
Server does go slow sometimes.
Server Details are:
CPU: Intel Bi Xeon E5630 (8 cores / 16 Threads)
Frequency: 2x 2.53GHz
RAM: 256 GB DDR3 ECC Registered
Hard disk: 2x 600GB SAS
Connection 10 Gbps Lossless
Screenshot:
[Image: 9scxzm.jpg]

I'm running just 3 sites which are 9gag type of sites which I share funny images on.
Each site, I get 200,000 Visitors per day
I still don't understand why its giving that problem as it goes slow sometimes when high traffic is on. I installed nginx but for some reason nginx started to flood the server with its own I.P of the server which is really confusing.
I have checked for DDOS,but that seems to be fine.
ANy idea how can i make the server faster ? I have also added cloudflare to my DNS and protected the I.P too.
Thank you
waiting for your replys
Sound like you don't have something configured correctly. Will probably want to hire a Sys Admin (see if your hosts offers it maybe) which won't be cheap. Or start reading some books on Nginx and other services your server uses (php?, mysql?). Also if you're using scripts made by someone else talk to them. There are to many variables for us to really tell you what the issue is.
Thank you .........
Dang.. 43 load on 16 cores? Houston, you have a major problem.
Do you have SSH access to the box? If so you could use the top command (see here)
Sorry -- just realized now I never read the details of you post; just saw the picture.

I'm assuming you're using mysql or similar for those sites -- are you sure a recent cPanel upgrade or similar didn't cause a performance issue with any ot those services?

As Tom said, top will help.