MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need pagination for forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know is it good to share the link. So, I didn't share it here.

The forum is for cricket.
I want to create new forums for every series. Once the series is over, I will close the forum.

In this case, there will be too many forums in the archived category. I tried myself to create pagination. But i am not able to do it.

What is the best solution for this?
use this plugin.
This will make it easier to make the page.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/page-manager
Is it okay having too much forums?

I don't know how will this page plugin help on this.
If i close the forum it still stays on the category. I move it to the archived category where there are countless forums.

I want to give pagination there. So there will be maximum 10 forums from latest to oldest.
You can see a little tutorial on the plugin page.

how to create a page with PageManager plugin.
I am not in need of new page. I am in need of pagination for forums like thread. In threads, there will be number 1 2 3 >> to view the threads.

Similarly, I need pagination (what is it called?) to split the forums into multiple page.
Assume I have 40 forums under one category. I want to display 10 forums in one page.

1 2 3 4

and is it good idea having many forums. I explained what kind of forum i am running
You can add this code:

<div class="pagination">
Where you want to add pagination?
MyBB itself comes with default pagination system. You can see all the forums under a category with pagination by default.

If you want to increase the number subforum listed in index, you can increase that from:
ACP > Configuration > Forum Home Options > Subforums to show on Index listing
(2013-07-10, 01:12 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Where you want to add pagination?
MyBB itself comes with default pagination system. You can see all the forums under a category with pagination by default.

If you want to increase the number subforum listed in index, you can increase that from:
ACP > Configuration > Forum Home Options > Subforums to show on Index listing

You understood what i need. There are 100 subforums. If users click the main forum, they are forced to see 100 subforums in the same page. I want to display maximum 20 subforums in a page.

MyBB itself comes with default pagination system. -> It is only for threads. Does it have any pagination for forums?
I see. You want to paginate the list of forums inside a category, right?

You don't mean forumdisplay_threadlist, you mean the view of the forums in a category and that does not paginate.

the code that manages the forum bits is in inc/functions_forumlist.php.

I have no idea how to edit it to paginate though.
(2013-07-10, 01:18 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I see. You want to paginate the list of forums inside a category, right?

Yes, That is what i want.
I first wanted to know that is it okay to have many forums under a category? Or should i use only few number of forums?
Pages: 1 2