MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.2.1 to 1.2.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Getting a little confused. About to upgrade from MyBB 1.2.1 to 1.2.2.

Do I simply upload changed files to my server, job done as per upgrade instructions?

Quote:Version 1.2.x
Unzip the release archive to your computer using an archive utility capable of decompressing the download format you chose (Winzip)
Using an ftp client (FlashFXP), upload the contents of the 'upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following files:

./inc/config.php
./inc/settings.php
./install/ (directory)
Your board should now be updated to this version. Please visit your Admin CP to confirm this.

or

upload install directory and changed files, then run upgrade script as per Wiki: Upgrading?

Quote: * Open your FTP and navigate to the forums inc/ folder. Download the following files to somewhere safe as you will need to re-upload them later!

./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php

* Upload all the new files including the install folder, overriding the existing copies (this contains the upgrade files also) to your forums root directory.
* Navigate to the inc/ folder and replace

./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php

* CHMOD the above two files to 666 (or 777, whatever suits your server), and also CHMOD the folders listed below to 777:
* Go to www.yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php
* You will see a drop down list asking what version of MyBB you're upgrading from (MyBB Release Candidate 2, 3, or 4, Public Release 2, or 1.0.x/1.1.x). Be sure you select the currect version or the upgrade will not work correctly!
* Run the upgrade script, making sure you follow all instructions carefully.
* After the upgrade is complete delete the "install" folder and for extra protection, CHMOD ./inc/config.php to 755.
* Go to your forum homepage and make sure everything is working as it should and no evident errors in both the forum and Admin Panel exist.
* You may now wish to re-open your forum. You can do this by going to "Admin CP > Board Settings > Change > Board Online / Offline" and changing "Board Closed" to "No". If you wish to adjust the theme and templates of the forum before opening it, that is also fine!

Best regards

Gordon
Dang good question, and one I need to know as well before I attempt the upgrade.. I'd also like to add my own question here!  According to what is quoted above, we don't need to upload the install directory if we're upgrading from 1.2.x to 1.2.2.  But there are changed files in the install directory.  I read somewhere else on this board that we need to use the old install directory, but I deleted that off my board as per instructions after I upgraded to 1.2.1.  Is that directory still available somewhere, since I don't know if I have the original saved anywhere? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I don't want to have the nightmare upgrade I had with both previous versions. Toungue
As I understand it, to upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2:
1) Download the changed files: http://community.mybboard.net/attachment.php?aid=4824
2) Upload them to the web server
3) Run the upgrader

The changed files includes the install directory to upgrade.
judel Wrote:Dang good question, and one I need to know as well before I attempt the upgrade.. I'd also like to add my own question here! According to what is quoted above, we don't need to upload the install directory if we're upgrading from 1.2.x to 1.2.2. But there are changed files in the install directory. I read somewhere else on this board that we need to use the old install directory, but I deleted that off my board as per instructions after I upgraded to 1.2.1. Is that directory still available somewhere, since I don't know if I have the original saved anywhere? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I don't want to have the nightmare upgrade I had with both previous versions. Toungue

Judel, DON'T upgrade. Lemme do it, because you seem to have been cursed when upgrading MyBB >.>

DennisTT Wrote:As I understand it, to upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2:
1) Download the changed files: http://community.mybboard.net/attachment.php?aid=4824
2) Upload them to the web server
3) Run the upgrader

The changed files includes the install directory to upgrade.

Also remember that if you don't have the install directory on your server already, upload it by getting it off the main site, MyBB package. The only thing the upgrader does however is upgrade a few templates. In all honestly, it won't break your board if you don't run the upgrader, you'll just be stuck with a few templates that aren't 100% up to date.
OH? Are you really offering to do it? LOL...I can't back up my files until Monday, unless you'll do that as well? My connection is too slow at home!

And yes, I do believe I have the Mybb upgrade curse! Toungue
judel Wrote:OH? Are you really offering to do it? LOL...I can't back up my files until Monday, unless you'll do that as well? My connection is too slow at home!

And yes, I do believe I have the Mybb upgrade curse! Toungue

Yes, I can do all that Toungue If i remember correctly, it's your freehostia and your other one? Just send me PM details and I'll upgrade em all.
Nah, I can do the freehostia one, since that's just my play around board!  It's the godaddy one that I always have the problems with!  Yes, I know how much you wish I would change hosts!  Toungue  I'll PM you the details.  Just let me know when you'll be doing the upgrade! Big Grin

edit: well, I'm all done thanks to Tiki! I hope you have good luck with the upgrade as well, Gordone!