MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hwo to restore forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, hear me out, I did a stupid mistake.

I had mybb v1.6.8 forum and upgraded it with changed files package to v1.6.9, afterwards upgraded it to v1.6.10. I made a database backup before that, using mybb admin tool.

After I done all this, everything was great, but I made a stupid mistake and copied v1.6.10 changed files package to my forum directory again and as there was errors, I tried to fix it by installing v1.6.10 changed files package once more.

It was not helping, so now I'm asking for your help - what is the best way to fix my mistake?

Please be descriptive I'm not very advanced user.

Please ask if any other information is needed.
What kind of error you are facing and / or what has exactly gone wrong?
Users that are not admins get this message on the very top of forum:

The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'lastpost' - Line: 166 - File: inc/functions_forumlist.php PHP 5.4.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_forumlist.php 166 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_forumlist.php 129 build_forumbits
/index.php 395 build_forumbits
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'lastpost' - Line: 469 - File: inc/functions_forumlist.php PHP 5.4.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_forumlist.php 469 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_forumlist.php 193 get_forum_lightbulb
/index.php 395 build_forumbits

Thank you for your comment, fixed it by replacing file functions_forumlist.php with the one in latest changed files package!
You need to replace the inc/functions_forumlist.php file from the most recent MyBB.

(2013-07-11, 07:25 AM)VisualizeEdits Wrote: [ -> ]You need to replace the inc/functions_forumlist.php file from the most recent MyBB.

Oh sorry, you figured it out. :/ Cheer!