MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is the browser different?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Internet explorer is horrific, I just dont develop for it full stop. All IE is useful for, is for downloading chrome.
(2013-07-11, 02:24 PM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]Internet explorer is horrific, I just dont develop for it full stop. All IE is useful for, is for downloading chrome.

Okay, I fixed it for
Internet Explorer: http://gyazo.com/98547ecd1f0f20a42031dddbcd404218
Mozilla Firefox: http://gyazo.com/fa9fc227259084c0c341270cc69635bb

but Google Chrome, I don't know what to do for it since that's the browser I use. I rather support 2 browser than 1.

Google Chrome: http://gyazo.com/226781b53709dd90bcd8b7fe43572ecf

Can anyone help me? It's just a little bug that I want to fix. Sad
(2013-07-11, 02:24 PM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]Internet explorer is horrific, I just dont develop for it full stop. All IE is useful for, is for downloading chrome.

You should re-consider the "modern" IE browsers such as IE8 & 9 considering the numbers that are and will be using it.

Of course older versions of IE is understandable not to support.
(2013-07-11, 06:57 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]

You should re-consider the "modern" IE browsers such as IE8 & 9 considering the numbers that are and will be using it.

So what are your suggestion?

Not too hard to put an extra stylesheet to deal with IE 8-10, but I'm sure it's more of a, every designer is stopping trying to deal with IE 7 and down. Regardless, only businesses and companies use IE and older people, once people see and get used to Chrome they don't turn back.

Regardless, it's futile if you try to mold for IE and FF, considering those are losing the popularity contest for most people who browse online on a daily basis. Hell, I'd choose Opera over FF and IE.
(2013-07-11, 07:04 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]

Not too hard to put an extra stylesheet to deal with IE 8-10, but I'm sure it's more of a, every designer is stopping trying to deal with IE 7 and down. Regardless, only businesses and companies use IE and older people, once people see and get used to Chrome they don't turn back.

Regardless, it's futile if you try to mold for IE and FF, considering those are losing the popularity contest for most people who browse online on a daily basis. Hell, I'd choose Opera over FF and IE.

Though regardless of them losing market share they still have quite a large chunk, especially FF out of the two. IE is the default browser for the majority of sold desktops / laptops so the potential user base from that is huge and would be a silly move not to consider at least IE9.

Though I did mention as you did IE 7 down is not worth the hassle Big Grin.
Quote:Not too hard to put an extra stylesheet to deal with IE 8-10, but I'm sure it's more of a, every designer is stopping trying to deal with IE 7 and down. Regardless, only businesses and companies use IE and older people, once people see and get used to Chrome they don't turn back.

Okay, Willing to put an extra stylesheet for IE/Firefox but I don't really care about the old version because everyone is suppose to update to most recent anyway. I will research and try to figure out how it's going to work setting up a stylesheet that will work only for those browser.

Started on a css like this.
http://gyazo.com/b5ed3cf089a23280d22c9f8db0f178ec
If you try to align a button with a input field use padding not line height or height.
Something like:

<input text>
<input submit>

Place both elements next to each other.
Then give them both:

font-size: 1em;
padding: 2px 0;
line-height: normal !important;

Without giving them height or lineheight (in px or something).

http://jsbin.com/agolim/3/
Pages: 1 2