MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator privileges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So there are 2 admins on my site.
The 1st admin has all privileges. The 2nd admin doesn't have all.
Now the 2nd admin can't access some new points features and some plugins like Page manager.
I've gone in his profile and I tried to give him all privileges.

So I wanted to know that how can I give him ALL priveleges.

Thanks!
admin panel >> users & groups >> Admin Permissions >> click on the admin name for whom you have to adjust privileges
... and be careful whether you'd want to grant the "can manage admin permissions" right. the other admin can then lock you out.
Keep linguists tip under consideration and another major tip is that don't make anyone else a super admin if you are the founder or the owner of the website. If someone is a super admin, they can take over the forum easily. Off course you can gain access back through the config.php file but I wouldn't recommend making anyone the super admin.

Here's how you make someone a super admin, so you can be careful.

In order to make anyone a super admin, you would need access to the .inc/config.php file

Look for a code similar to the one below

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Changing 1 to anyone else UID will make the member with the UID the super admin. You could also add a comma after the 1 and put another UID to have more than one super admins. Example:

$config['super_admins'] = '1,4,9,253';
(2013-07-11, 02:35 PM)Race Wrote: [ -> ]Keep linguists tip under consideration and another major tip is that don't make anyone else a super admin if you are the founder or the owner of the website. If someone is a super admin, they can take over the forum easily. Off course you can gain access back through the config.php file but I wouldn't recommend making anyone the super admin.

In order to make anyone a super admin, you would need access to the .inc/config.php file

Changing 1 to anyone else UID will make the member with the UID the super admin. You could also add a comma after the 1 and put another UID to have more than one super admins. Example:

Thanks for this!
I was exactly looking for this!
(2013-07-11, 05:17 PM)burhanhaq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-11, 02:35 PM)Race Wrote: [ -> ]Keep linguists tip under consideration and another major tip is that don't make anyone else a super admin if you are the founder or the owner of the website. If someone is a super admin, they can take over the forum easily. Off course you can gain access back through the config.php file but I wouldn't recommend making anyone the super admin.

Thanks for this!
I was exactly looking for this!

Your Welcome. Glad I could help.