MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to make money of a Mybb forum if it gets a lot of members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Such as advertisement etc?

If so what other methods are there?
Of course it's possible. Advertisement is the most popular method, but you can also make VIP usergroups if you have something special to offer.
If you have a lot of members, you can keep the VIP usergroups and make people purchase it for more privileges. Advertisements are also another great thing. There are many ways to make money from a MyBB board. If you would like some free tips, send me a PM. I just don't want my tips to be saturated because some people will steal it from here and spread it across the internet.

(2013-07-11, 04:20 PM)José F. Wrote: [ -> ]Of course it's possible. Advertisement is the most popular method, but you can also make VIP usergroups if you have something special to offer.

IMHO if you know how to monetize from forums, you can even turn trash into something more appealing and make money off it.
Some people run businesses and employ people through successful communities Wink.

Advertisements are of course the most popular though there are many methods of generating revenue: donations, paid upgrades(user groups), selling items relating to your community among other ways.

If your just starting your community it would be best you don't think for getting rich just yet though Wink.
I was able to rack the most cash from using VIP usergroup options. Google Adsense or Kontera never netted me much from forums. Forums can also be sold for a decent amount of money as well.

http://performfreak.com
Athletic Performance Advice & Motivation To Unlock Your Inner Freak!
(2013-07-11, 07:51 PM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to rack the most cash from using VIP usergroup options. Google Adsense or Kontera never netted me much from forums. Forums can also be sold for a decent amount of money as well.

Website flipping is also a great way to make money. I read this on another forum but someone called Phill or something like that creates forums with kind of unsaturated niches then buys small DBs and merges them together and sells the site for a higher price which is great profit in my opinion.
While you can make a decent amount of income (for a hobby IMO anyway) from forums that shouldn't be the main focus of the website.

For example a new forum should not have any advertisements up. You wouldn't bring in enough users to even make money off those advertisements and you'll deter potential users from signing up knowing you plaster the website with ad's the day it opens.
(2013-07-11, 09:39 PM)Race Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-11, 07:51 PM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to rack the most cash from using VIP usergroup options. Google Adsense or Kontera never netted me much from forums. Forums can also be sold for a decent amount of money as well.

Website flipping is also a great way to make money. I read this on another forum but someone called Phill or something like that creates forums with kind of unsaturated niches then buys small DBs and merges them together and sells the site for a higher price which is great profit in my opinion.

Ahh... His name is Kaleb - The username he goes by is Philly
he bought out like 10 forums for the database and merged them into forumkorner.
(2013-07-12, 07:15 AM)7uyk Wrote: [ -> ]

Ahh... His name is Kaleb - The username he goes by is Philly
he bought out like 10 forums for the database and merged them into forumkorner.

Yeah that guy. I heard about him few months ago so didn't remember much.

Thanks for the info.

I actually know the guy (In real life), that started the forum w/ "Phill". Name was Leafs.

Beside the fact, there are multiple ways for advertisements. I recommend http://carbonads.net/, even though I have never used them, I have heard and seen great reviews about them.