MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved (synced) files from one server to a new. All fine except login and Admin CP.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Migrating from one domain to another I used a software (ForkLift for OS X) to sync all my files from my previously running forum to a new server. I also imported all the tables from the previous database into the new. Everything seems fine when I go to the forum, but I'm having trouble logging in and also trouble accessing the Admin CP.

When trying to log in to the forum it says it's doing it, but then when I come back to the main page it's still says ”Hello There, Guest!”

I also have trouble accessing the Admin CP.
If I go to /admin and login there I get to the ”Home” pane of the Admin CP, but as soon as I try to move to another tab or click anything I get thrown to the ”Pleas Login” page again.

Something is fishy. Has it got to do with permissions? I checked at least the ones that are mentioned in Install documentation and that didn't help.

Any ideas? Can't be that difficult to fix I guess.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Seems like there's a problem with your cookies path.

Open .inc/settings.php and look for the following

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".example.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = ""; 

Tell us what does it say in those quotes in your .inc/settings.php file and what is your forums URL?

Normally the settings should be exactly like the ones in the codeblock above.
(2013-07-11, 10:44 PM)Race Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like there's a problem with your cookies path.

Open .inc/settings.php and look for the following

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".example.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = ""; 

Tell us what does it say in those quotes in your .inc/settings.php file and what is your forums URL?

Normally the settings should be exactly like the ones in the codeblock above.

Thanks, that was it! Smile

I previously had the forum in a subfolder so the ”cookiepath” was pointing to that. Changed it to ”/" and now it works!

By the way, in my setting.php where is say ”cookiedomain” I have nothing. Shall I enter something there so it looks like in the code above or is it okay to leave it empty?

Thanks a lot for your assistance!
No problem. I would recommend you to put something. For example if your websites URL is facebook.com then the text in those quotes should be

.facebook.com
(2013-07-11, 11:34 PM)Race Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. I would recommend you to put something. For example if your websites URL is facebook.com then the text in those quotes should be

.facebook.com

Okay, thanks!

(2013-07-12, 02:11 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see also detailed guidance on cookie settings here

Aha, there it was already covered. Sorry, I tried to search the forum, but since I didn't exactly know what it was I was looking for I omitted some of the threads that would probably hold the answer. One reason for this I think was because I cleared the cookies in my browser, so then I (somewhat unconsciously I guess) thought it was something else I had problems with.