MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sidebar and forum resize problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there,
I'm having some problems here with the alignment or sizes of the sidebar and the forum. I can't seem to get them to match the width of the logo.
remove

padding: 20px;

from #container2
Navigate to your themes global.css stylesheet.

ACP > Templates & Styles > Themes > YOUR THEME > Global.css

In the simple mode, select #container from the dropdown (Should be #container from default) and try changing the width size to a higher number.

I believe the width of your container is small causing the forums size to be small in width.
(2013-07-12, 06:16 PM)Race Wrote: [ -> ]Navigate to your themes global.css stylesheet.

In the simple mode, select #container from the dropdown (Should be #container from default) and try changing the width size to a higher number.

I believe the width of your container is small causing the forums size to be small in width.

I have already tried changing the width of container2 to 100% using Google Chrome Developer tools. The width is correct, it is the padding of 20px that is messing it up. He can also add a padding-top: 20px; which will maintain the padding on the top. All he really needs to do is remove the padding on the left and right side.

As for #container, the width is correct as well, and if he changes that, it will mess up his "logo".

But yes, your instructions are correct when it comes to finding the global.css file. I forgot to mention that, so thank you Smile
It's at 900px, which is the entire size of the forum.
If I make it smaller it stretches past the logo, which also doesn't help with the sidebar as theyre still not leveled up with the logo.
(2013-07-12, 06:22 PM)Baal Wrote: [ -> ]It's at 900px, which is the entire size of the forum.
If I make it smaller it stretches past the logo, which also doesn't help with the sidebar as theyre still not leveled up with the logo.

find #container2

remove

padding: 20px;
(2013-07-12, 06:18 PM)Init Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-12, 06:16 PM)Race Wrote: [ -> ]Navigate to your themes global.css stylesheet.

I have already tried changing the width of container2 to 100% using Google Chrome Developer tools. The width is correct, it is the padding of 20px that is messing it up. He can also add a padding-top: 20px; which will maintain the padding on the top. All he really needs to do is remove the padding on the left and right side.

As for #container, the width is correct as well, and if he changes that, it will mess up his "logo".

But yes, your instructions are correct when it comes to finding the global.css file. I forgot to mention that, so thank you Smile

No problem. Thanks for correcting me, I didn't notice that the OP has two container fields in their global.css stylesheet.
Container2 is for the sidebar, I got rid of the padding, it helped ^^
forum and sidebar still aren't completely to par with the logo but, I think thats probably as close as I'm going to get.
Thank you
If you want it perfect, you can go into the table underneath #container2 and remove the cellpadding="5px", which will ultimately remove the extra space Smile