MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install MyBB on localhost [WAMP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help installing MyBB on localhost. I'm a bit lost with the wamp installation and I was wondering if someone could do it for me via TV or help me out a little bit.

Thanks in advance.
(2013-07-12, 08:59 PM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]Its pretty simple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVGb6aiF1OA

I can't watch any video(s) because I'm currently in Africa on a vacation and the internet connection speed out here is horrible plus they don't have a lot of WiFi modems around here like back in US. There's like limited amount of internet daily with horrible internet connection speed.

Edited

Nevermind, I figured out the problem. I had to put it online because my server is currently offline. Thanks for the help though.
Personally, for quick testing of stuff on a local Windows computer I prefer to use xampp portable, it's very easy to set up and I generally keep it on a USB for development at other places. For at home (in a long term situation) I have (well, had) a separate proper (local) server set up as a NAS so I could easily use it as a network drive from my Windows computers to test development on.
(2013-07-13, 05:47 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, for quick testing of stuff on a local Windows computer I prefer to use xampp portable, it's very easy to set up and I generally keep it on a USB for development at other places. For at home (in a long term situation) I have (well, had) a separate proper (local) server set up as a NAS so I could easily use it as a network drive from my Windows computers to test development on.

I lost you. What do you mean by "NAS"?
Network-attached storage, I pretty much just had it set up with SMB so that I could just use it as a network drive on Windows. For simple things I use xampp portable, it's the best option for portable Windows installations (or even non-portable) of Apache in my opinion.
Oh ok. Thanks for the tip Jammer.
I learnt this a few nights ago, simple as anything.
Yeahp, as JammerX says, the best and powerfull option is use xampp, you can use it in all OS, and you can use portable suite, but the installation suite for windows and linux, i probe and even you have to go and edit your own preferences, then you can add some features as you wish. You can use different servers and SMTP, FTP, for me is the best options to work on localhost xD.

I use appserver, wampp, xampp, and an installation of SQL, Apache and PHP independet way.

But finally if i have to work on local machines ever i have on USB a portable version of xampp xD. You can work, then delete files and thats all, work done !!