MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .htaccess returns error 500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my website goask.it, I'm trying to redirect /index.php to /. In order to do so, I've made a changing in my htaccess.txt file. Note, not the .htaccess, since there are none. I'll get back to that soon.

The Google SEO plugin requires me to add piece of code in the .htaccess too. I've added it to the htaccess.txt. Now, because it's not the .htaccess, apparently it doesn't do much. So after renaming it to .htaccess, I get an error 500. Am I doing something horribly wrong?

On the Plugin tab, Google SEO plugin gives me this warning:
Add to .htaccess:
RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://goask.it/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

I suppose it keeps telling me because it can't see I did it, because the .htaccess refuse to work properly?!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an Error 40, but I can't really see what I do wrong? What do I do?

Thanks,
Jonas.
htaccess.txt is irrelevant, it's .htaccess

Some hosts don't like some instructions in .htaccess, for example some freehosts don't like the Options line of MyBB's example htaccess.txt. In such a case you could check your error log (or ask the host) to see if there's a more specific error message; or try commenting out lines to find the one(s) that is (are) causing the problem.
I'm running on a paid server.

This is the error I get
Quote:The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

It really doesn't tell much, but I guess I'll have to ask my host, just hoped someone here knew what to do from prior experience.
Yes, that error message is worse than useless. If you have an error log, there may be a more verbose error in there. Otherwise you may have to ask your host.
Got a reply from the support guy. It was a <IfModule> which was invalid. It missed a mod_rewrite.c, so <If Module mod_rewrite.c> to work. It works flawless now, and finally the /index.php redirects to /.
same here im getting it too.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
i had same problem, but i dont see that error anymore, dont know where was problem. but im still getting errors with fastCGI and Modsecurity on error logs

http://community.mybb.com/thread-152001-...pid1066372

[Wed Apr 16 06:55:40 2014] [error] [client 121.205.248.89] ModSecurity: Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Match of "rx (Qualidator\\\\.com|ExaleadCloudView|^Mozilla/4\\\\.0 \\\\(compatible;\\\\)$|UTVDriveBot|Add Catalog|^Appcelerator)" against "REQUEST_HEADERS:User-Agent" required. [file "/etc/httpd/conf/modsec/20_asl_useragents.conf"] [line "325"] [id "309925"] [rev "6"] [msg "Atomicorp.com WAF Rules: Suspicious User-Agent, parenthesis closed with a semicolon Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1;)"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "www.lsc-clan.net"] [uri "/thread-478.html"] [unique_id "U03-PMBgzyoAAAzuLc8AAAAf"]
[Wed Apr 16 07:26:33 2014] [error] [client 78.62.57.178] FastCGI: server "/usr/local/fastcgi/cgi-bin/php-cgi" stderr: XML-RPC: xmlrpc_server::execute: function get_box_info_func registered as method handler does not return an xmlrpcresp object