MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users not getting confirmation e-mails.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I bumped another thread on this but I'm not sure it is the same issue.

My users are not getting activation emails. It appears to have been happening since the 1.6.10 upgrade. I have tried to register under several different email accounts and none receive confirmation emails after registering. They are not going to a spam or other folder, just not being sent.

I have the registrations settings in Admin set to send a confirmation email. Also mass mailing seems to work fine.

Thanks,
- Rich -
ACP>Tools & Maintenance>System Mail Log

Do you see any errors? If yes, post your top 10 errors.
Hi,

No, no errors listed there. I'm currently mass mailing staff to see if they get the emails just to make sure it works.

- Rich -

Hi,

How does MyBB access mail. I changed the password for my webmaster email account and it has been so long since I've setup the board, does MyBB use a supplied mail account to do mailing?

- Rich -

I guess it does but does not need a password.
Changing your accounts password doesn't affect the mail system at all.

What is your mail handler? If it's PHP then take a look at the link below.

http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html

Navigation: ACP>Configuration>Settings>Mail Settings
Hi,

I'm not sure what mail handler my host uses. Does cpanel show that?. It looks as if mass mailing is not working either. I tried that file in the link above and it says it sends an email but none of the accounts receive them.

Mailing was working well and I have not changed anything code wise other then templates and member.php for profile albums plugin.

I'll contact my host and see what they say.

Thanks,
- Rich -

Hi,

My host just emailed me they activated PHP send mail and now the test file works. Crazy because it was working fine. Fingers crossed. Smile

- Rich -

Hi,

Looks like that fixed it. I have no idea why the host deactivated send PHP mail. Thank you Arbaz!

- Rich -