MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Laravel 4 integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-07-15, 07:38 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Looks interesting, I'm going for the other way around Smile

What if you didn't use the built in Laravel auth, and instead just used the myBB database to authenticate. I, however, do not know how that would work with hashes...
The thing is ill have to build the whole of the rest of my application around the bundle for MyBB auth. That's fine but it's a little too involved. What if I want to convert to ipb? Then I have to change around a fair bit. I'd rather just have MyBB integrate with my application Smile
(2013-07-15, 07:44 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is ill have to build the whole of the rest of my application around the bundle for MyBB auth. That's fine but it's a little too involved. What if I want to convert to ipb? Then I have to change around a fair bit. I'd rather just have MyBB integrate with my application Smile

Very true. So, you want Laravel to integrate with whichever forum you choose, easily. Why not build an oauth application on your website, or vice versa, and then use a plugin on mybb (or vice versa) to receive data from one another.

It will be much more complicated/involved, but it would be easier to deal with if you ever decide to switch forums.
OAuth based SSO would IMO be the way to go. Any system with a decent plugin system should then be able to use it.
Pages: 1 2