MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installing a theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi forum.

I am new to MyBB.

I have a theme that I like and I want to install it.

I went to the admin area and clicked to install the .zip file from my hard drive.

It failed.

I assume I must be doing it wrongly. Should I unzip the file and instead load a folder? Is there some way I should or could do it by hand?
You need to load the .xml file in ACP, but first put folders like images or jscripts to the root of your forum (where index.php, global.php, showthread.php etc.) are.
Thank you.

I hope this warning is not going to cause problems:

The following errors were encountered:
•This theme has been written for another version of MyBB. Please check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" to ignore this error.
(2013-07-17, 06:53 AM)Xarzu Wrote: [ -> ]The following errors were encountered:
•This theme has been written for another version of MyBB. Please check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" to ignore this error.

Just check it, I can think only of one template that was changed from 1.6.9 to 1.6.10 , the postbit_multiquote template. Reverting it should fix it.
(2013-07-17, 07:54 AM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-17, 06:53 AM)Xarzu Wrote: [ -> ]The following errors were encountered:

Just check it, I can think only of one template that was changed from 1.6.9 to 1.6.10 , the postbit_multiquote template. Reverting it should fix it.

Now that depends on what version that theme was made for. The OP didn't specify the name of the theme so it could be older than 1.6.9 such as 1.6.8 or even 1.6.2