MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making viewed a specific post only for some users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi @ll,

I have a new idea. I would like to see added to MyBB an option to let the moderator decide who can read a specific post. The function is similar to the soft delete, but it isn't it.

SOFT DELETE:
The thread/post is not deleted immediately and it is hidden for the users, and viewable for the moderators.

MY IDEA:
To make the posts viewed only for some users decided by the moderator. It is useful for hiding some warnig-posts that are annoying, and let them be seen only for users warned. The other moderators of the section, the global moderators and the administrators don't have to be enabled to see a post, they can read every posts.

Let me know if you don't understand.

However the idea will get passed or refused, I am glad for your project of MyBB and I wish some regards for you Smile

Anon.
I'm not sure that functionality is needed. A user makes a post you want to hide from public view, you soft delete it or delete it. The user just needs a PM with a quote of the post and why it's been removed.

You can do this with MyBB 1.6 at the moment, by unaproving the post and installing OUGC Show Self Unapproved, NumUnapproved may be useful as well if you wish.