MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post subject - what use does is have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello people. This topic is probably very dumb and useless, but it has been bugging me for some time and the help and faq areas didn't help me much (quite possible that I didn't search very well though). So, is there another use for the post subject area, other than remembering which post you're in and showing what that post is about, should you decide to change it? Also, is there a way of finding posts by changing the post subject and then using the search function? This would sure be a life saver when searching for some old post.
None whatsoever. It's a useless feature.
It's used mostly in the "Threaded Mode".
(2013-07-15, 09:40 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's used mostly in the "Threaded Mode".
Ah, yes, it does make more sense in threaded mode. Thanks for the tip, this might come in handy!
(2013-07-15, 09:40 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's used mostly in the "Threaded Mode".

Which, in my opinion, is also a useless feature. The reign of threaded forums is long gone.
(2013-07-16, 02:39 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Which, in my opinion, is also a useless feature. The reign of threaded forums is long gone.
Good riddance threaded mode.

There are still people which use it, so it does serve a purpose.
(2013-07-16, 07:46 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

It's sooooo inefficient though. I can't understand why anyone would except for the sake of history.

There are still companies that use Windows 98 (for some reason, fear of upgrading I assume). It definitely had a purpose, and was good in its time, but its time has passed. People/websites should move on.

Speaking of old software, have you seen the official Realtek website? It recommends Netscape. Not sure how they've gone that long without an update (I guess it's just drivers and stuff so isn't really that important to consumers).
(2013-07-16, 07:49 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]

It's sooooo inefficient though. I can't understand why anyone would except for the sake of history.

People who come from a place where it's used by default? E.g. The MySQL forums.
Pages: 1 2