MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Heya, need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenver you click on a specific category on my website, it take syou to a 403 Error, and I have no clue why. I am using MyBB 1.6 Forums and DreamBB Theme. I have no other themes, and no other plugins.
post your forum url
if you have turned ON SEF URLs at below location then disable it or rename htaccess.txt file as .htaccess at forum's root folder
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs?
(2013-07-16, 07:47 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]post your forum url
if you have turned ON SEF URLs at below location then disable it or rename htaccess.txt file as .htaccess at forum's root folder
admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs?

http://tinh.x10.mx/

I renamed my htaccess.txt to htaccess and got the same error.

\

Also, I do not know what ON SEF URLs is, so I doubt I have turned it on anyways.
(2013-07-16, 08:37 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ can you check permissions of the files & the folders

There all at xxx which im assuming is 000, in previous experiences if I change to 777, the website no longer works for me.
^ in general, folders should be set to CHMOD 0755 and php files should have CHMOD 0644
specific folders and files should have writable access (0777). please follow the referred guidance
(2013-07-16, 08:45 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ in general, folders should be set to CHMOD 0755 and php files should have CHMOD 0644
specific folders and files should have writable access (0777). please follow the referred guidance

http://tinh.x10.mx/
Now my entire site gives a 403 Forbidden after setting them to what you said.
^ can you PM me ftp credentials and change them later
Still unsolved.
(2013-07-16, 08:01 AM)Sinthed Wrote: [ -> ]I renamed my htaccess.txt to htaccess and got the same error.
Are you sure you renamed it to .htaccess with a dot?
Pages: 1 2