MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reconfigure Converting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Dear,

ive yesterday night converted successfull from Vbulletin 3 to Mybb.
wanted today finish all the stuff, just the problem is the vbulletin board is running right now and ive got many new users + posts/threads!
is there anyway to reconvert? i wanted to ask before i go to reconvert, thought maybe i get duplicates?

Best Regards
Serkan
I'd suggest to close your VB forum for a day (or two) & re-do the merge, then put MyBB forum in place of the earlier forum
Hello .m.!

just i cant close the forum because i have V.I.P Members!.
is there anyway to delete the tables only and reconvert only the users,threads,posts again?

edit: just the problem is i made tons of settings + all the permissions etc to check if the board is working like needed!
its more then good for me Smile

Thanks for the feedback!
^ if you are working on a localhost (eg. xampp server) then you have to experiment with the re-conversion. as a precaution,
take a backup of earlier converted database (MyBB database). or let us wait for the guidance from experts
yes im working on a localhost!

just ive cleared the tables: mybb_posts, mybb_threads, mybb_users.
added new admin and started the conversion again and convert only the users, forums, threads, posts... its working fine till now, hope ill dont get problems when im done with converting.. will also let you know when i finish my work! Wink

Best Regards
-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Update:

it worked fine what i did above Wink
just had only forumcategory dups which i deleted, and needed also setup the permissions again!

Thanks!
Serkan