MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google chrome <br/> CSS problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

Because MyBB uses <br/> throughout the site, I added in the CSS file a line-height of 1.6 to the <br/> tag.

So now Google Chrome doesn't adopt the 1.6 line height, but the default line height for the body tag. All the other browsers render it correctly.

Does anyone know a fix for Google Chrome?
Use 'margin-bottom' just like MyBB uses for the alert messages.
Hey,

It still doesn't work for Google Chrome, any other thoughts?
Margin-bottom should work.

Try this code.

margin-bottom: 5px;

Change 5 around to adjust the gap.
Hey,

I've applied it to the br tag in CSS and on Chrome it doesn't work. It does work however on all browsers except Chrome. I don't even know why Chrome exists.
Chrome has caching problems. Probably the code is working but not updating on Chrome.

Also, what do you mean by "applied" to the br tag? Can tell me how you are using the above provided code?
(2013-07-17, 12:56 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Chrome has caching problems. Probably the code is working but not updating on Chrome.

Also, what do you mean by "applied" to the br tag? Can tell me how you are using the above provided code?

br {
}
You are using the code wrong. The margin-bottom code should be added to the class you are editing. Example: If I'm editing .trow1 then I'll use the code as the following:

.trow {
       background: #000000
       color: #ffffff
}

Margin does the same thing as the br code but the only different is that margin is for CSS and br is for HTML.
(2013-07-17, 01:03 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]You are using the code wrong. The margin-bottom code should be added to the class you are editing. Example: If I'm editing .trow1 then I'll use the code as the following:

.trow {
       background: #000000
       color: #ffffff
}

Margin does the same thing as the br code but the only different is that margin is for CSS and br is for HTML.

Hey again,

Thank you for that.

When their are <br/> tags in MyBB, how would I give it an exact height in MyBB? Their are many </br> tags throughout the templates.

Thanks
using br {margin-bottom: 5px;} is not incorrect. however, it doesn't work on Chrome browser!
Pages: 1 2