MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Placing Threads above subfourms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this; what i have is a forum that contains a ton of sub forums, and a single stuck thread that explains the section, i want to have this thread be top on the list, followed by all the sub forums. how would i achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Ben
admin panel >> templates >> active theme templates >> Forum Display Templates >> forumdisplay -->
find {$subforums} and move it down to {$threadslist} and save the template

above change affects displaying of all forums

Edit: instead of above change, you can use rules section of the forum which is shown at the top.
(2013-07-17, 05:58 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel >> templates >> active theme templates >> Forum Display Templates >> forumdisplay -->
find {$subforums} and move it down to {$threadslist} and save the template

above change affects displaying of all forums

Edit: instead of above change, you can use rules section of the forum which is shown at the top.

Sorry, can you clarify as to the rules section?

also, is there a way to do it for only that subforum? there are other points on the site where having the subfourms first would be useful....

Thanks,

Ben
^ every forum can have rules listed at the top. you can use the rules instead of a sticky thread.

admin panel >> Forums & Posts >> Forum Management >> click on a forum to edit >> Edit Forum Settings (tab)
--> scroll down for Forum Rules <-- you can select display method and put required content

it is possible to move subforums position for a specific forum. for this you have to use template conditionals
plugin (more details available here)
Thank you Very Much!