MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken images on icon location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guy's ,

I'm a newbie here and don't really know the actual terms of certain things. Hence I've posted an attachment of my problems on my website. I'm on myBB 1.6.10 and myIPB theme.

You can view my site here http://forum.wheelnmotor.com/showthread.php?tid=2

Problem is I have a lot of broken images on the icon location , why is this ? How can I fix it ? Please see the red circles in attachment.

The new reply button is at a strange location( Extreme right and out of view ). How do I place it in a location as shown in the attached picture (both at top and bottom ) ?

If this is a silly question , please forgive me and kindly direct me to relevant posts by adding the link in your replies. Appreciate all your useful replies.
Check if the images, which are not shown, in the right folders on your server are placed.
(2013-07-17, 08:23 PM)Flobo x3 Wrote: [ -> ]Check if the images, which are not shown, in the right folders on your server are placed.

That was fast.Rolleyes can you please tell me where exactly I should look for it. I'm a newbie please.
Right click and click "View Image" or "Copy Link Location" and paste it in a new tab. Look at the path of the image then check in your FTP or file manager to see if an image exists which the path indicates.
(2013-07-17, 08:32 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Right click and click "View Image" or "Copy Link Location" and paste it in a new tab. Look at the path of the image then check in your FTP or file manager to see if an image exists which the path indicates.

The path of the image is forum.wheelnmotor.com/images/ipb/arrow.gif

but I had gone to mydir -> images -> can't find ipb folder nor arrow.gif
There you go. Now what you have to do is create a folder called ipb in your images directory then upload an image called arrow.gif.

Repeat the step. Directories and files vary on the path of the images.
(2013-07-17, 08:47 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]There you go. Now what you have to do is create a folder called ipb in your images directory then upload an image called arrow.gif.

Repeat the step. Directories and files vary on the path of the images.

Thanks. Where do i get these arrow.gif and other images from ?
Well you can get most images from your default mybb theme folder or you can download images>rename>upload to FTP>change extension if necessary.
(2013-07-17, 08:53 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Well you can get most images from your default mybb theme folder or you can download images>rename>upload to FTP>change extension if necessary.

Thanks a lot Arbaz. I learned something from you. Do you have any idea about moving the new reply button ?

Off Topic: This forum is so great, I can't believe how supportive and quick guy's are with answers. WOW.

(2013-07-17, 09:05 PM)stanjohn123 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot Arbaz. I learned something from you. Do you have any idea about moving the new reply button ?

Off Topic: This forum is so great, I can't believe how supportive and quick guy's are with answers. WOW.

Dear Arbaz,

I'm not so happy with the gif images as they seem pixaleted. Is it possible to save the file as .png ? What other changes should I do to ensure that the .png file is displayed as those icon images ?
Sure. To move the "New Reply" button to the left, go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>Showthread>Showthread Template.

Find

<div class="float_right">
		{$newreply}
	</div>

Replace with

<div class="float_left">
		{$newreply}
	</div>

As for the .gif images. If you would like to change their extension to .png, then you would have to do some template edits. What I would recommend is to save the images in .png file format then after uploaded to FTP, rename the file to .gif.
Pages: 1 2