MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Downloads Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, a new version of PHP wouldn't break anything. They deprecate functions long before they remove them, they're not just going to release something that will break a bunch of previous code. I even ran a copy of DevBB which was designed for something around PHP 4 on a modern PHP version and it worked fine.

Edit:
Looking back I actually had to change the name of one variable they had named $this as that caused errors, but other than that it was fine. Still, I think we can update the docs within a decade of it breaking.
(2013-07-18, 03:31 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, a new version of PHP wouldn't break anything. They deprecate functions long before they remove them, they're not just going to release something that will break a bunch of previous code. I even ran a copy of DevBB which was designed for something around PHP 4 on a modern PHP version and it worked fine.

Edit:
Looking back I actually had to change the name of one variable they had named $this as that caused errors, but other than that it was fine. Still, I think we can update the docs within a decade of it breaking.

Thanks for the information.

Quote:Still, I think we can update the docs within a decade of it breaking.

Also, thanks for the support Smile
Pages: 1 2