MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vbulletin 4 merge ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi just looked to download the merge and noticed vbulletin 4 is not there does the converter for vb3 work with 4
Vbulletin 4 is not yet supported but people who have merged using the vbulletin 3 option in the merge system haven't reported any problems. They claim everything went smoothly but I would recommend keeping a backup just in-case. For your satisfaction, I've added a quote of a support technician claiming the same I stated above.

(2011-09-16, 05:31 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting ready to push the next release of the merge system that fixes this issue anyways. Just been delayed because of the DDOS we're undergoing right now.

It wont have support for vB4 yet though, but it will fix the type/engine error. Some people have had success using the vB3 module.

The above reply was taken from another support thread so don't worry about the engine type error.
i only want it to convert a backup of my other forum to mybb just for the structure really forums,permissions ect then once converted use it for my new forum and just change some forum names and just remove most the members and alot of the posts
It should do the job then but for vbulletin plugins, there might be a problem. Good Luck!
I had tried a few years ago, the problem I had to suffer was that no user's password was working, every one had to reset, all other went fine.
merging is really bad idea
cuz sometimes there is options from your original cant be merge to the new forum so its stupid
(2013-08-12, 09:58 PM)Xbat Wrote: [ -> ]merging is really bad idea
cuz sometimes there is options from your original cant be merge to the new forum so its stupid

MyBB is always looking for ways to improve. If you don't like something then feel free to report the issue(s) to them.