MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is the forumdisplay.php template file to edit it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys,

Does anyone know the template file for forumdisplay.php? I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks.
http://docs.mybb.com/Admin_CP_Templates.html
You're looking for one of the "Forum Display Templates" depending on what you want to change.

@down, I have no idea what you're talking about. As I said, for example this http://community.mybb.com/forum-127.html is designed with all Forum Display templates. The list of threads - forumdisplay_threadlist, single thread - forumdisplay_thread, subforums - forumdisplay_subforums etc.
Hey,

For the Forum Display templates, I'm not sure which one it is. It isn't the sub_forum one, it should be the one after you click on a main category from the homepage.
(2013-07-17, 10:41 PM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]it should be the one after you click on a main category from the homepage.

I think you want the Forum Bit Templates
check these templates.
forumbit_depth2_cat
forumbit_depth2_forum
forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost
Hey,

I need to edit the TCAT tags for the forumdisplay.php and from both of the answers, I can't seem to find the right file.

Look at the screenshot, I need to edit the TCAT tags for the page below: [Image: t71kbq.png]
^ can you show an image of what exactly you want to change from your own forum - unable to understand what is TCAT tag
Hello,

.tcat is the lightblue color column where it says Thread/Author, Replies, Views, Rating and Last Post, just under the darkblue gradient. My theme has no visible table border, so I need to add a border-right: 1px solid #fff for each .tcat tag in the forumdisplay.php file.

I added a border-right for the .tcat tag in the CSS file, so that did it for the entire template, but I'd still like to know if it is possible to find the individual template file.
If you want to add some colors or basically design your tcat then it should be done through Global.css stylesheet on .tcat

If you add some colors to .tcat, it will color all the tcats on your forum with the color you added to the .tcat field in global.css
Hey,

That's what I've done, but I also need to modify the padding/margin for the 'New Thread' buttons that are on the forumdisplay.php file. Does anyone know where the newthread buttons are called in the template?
If you want to move or add a margin to your "New Thread" and "New Reply" buttons then do the following:

Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>Showthread>Showthread Template

Find

<div class="float_right">
		{$newreply}
	</div>

Change to

<div class="replymove">
		{$newreply}
	</div>

Then go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Themes>Global.css>Advanced Mode

At the very bottom of your global.css stylesheet add the following code:

.replymove {
    margin: 10px;
}

Then click "Save".

For New Thread

I'll post it later. I'm on my iDevice at the moment.
Pages: 1 2