MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Available Information on portal Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

so i am currently trying to create a nice clean homepage for my site, the portal built into mybb seems like a nice place to start.

So far i have done the following:

configured .htaccess to force site.com/forum/ to the portal page.
portal is currently shows items from my announcements sub forum as well as side boxes on the left hand side (all good)

Things i want to understand how to do but couldn't find recent information on:

are there any updated plugins that allow for manipulation of the portal?

currently the forum navigation buttons home and forum both point to the portal, how can i make it so forum points to the forum and home points to the portal?

I would like to add custom areas to the portal, things like having a featured video be playable from the home page, as well as an almost directory style listing for an information database i am creating.

Any information you could provide on any of this or manipulating the portal in general would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben
for the portal, you can try hyper portal plugin (release thread)

for editing the top links see How to edit / add new top links in MyBB
(2013-07-18, 02:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]for the portal, you can try hyper portal plugin (release thread)

for editing the top links see How to edit / add new top links in MyBB

I just tried hyperportal, i was looking for something a little more controlable, it seems that users have a lot of access over what they see and that could cause more headache than its worth, also the plugins aren't really meeting the needs i have. i was more looking for how i would go about hard coding what i want into portal.php

Thanks for that tutorial on editing the links, worked great!
^ if you want to add the required content with html code then that should be easy through modifying portal template.