MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have a look at my suggesstion :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I think it would be great if their is an option for POSTs gets colored if posted by a specific group (As here in MyBB.com)

I know there is a tutorial Big Grin but i think an inbuilt functionality would be great!

What do you guys say?
This functionality is provided already. You just need to make a single template edit and add some CSS classes. It's better that way as if you have multiple themes you can style it per theme and not as a global option. For example, you might have a dark theme and a light theme but the background on the dark theme might make text harder to read on the light theme.
Yeah Nathan dude, I know man as I already wrote = "I know there is a tutorial Big Grin but i think an inbuilt functionality would be great!"

But not every one is familier with templates and stuff so it would be great. As possibility includes after the release of 1.7 we will/might get some new Forumers who might want to have it Smile

And about this "if you have multiple themes you can style it per theme" Thats 1000% correct. But similar reasons as above & one can add a textbox for "THEME ID's ON WHICH THESE COLORS WILL BE EFFECTIVE" & something like that.
It might not be the background color they want to change. It might be the font size, or the text color, or other attributes. This is all provided with the template system. It's not limited to posts either. You can do it with threads on forumdisplay, on profiles, pretty much everywhere the variables are available.