MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Users password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its enough if you know your own passwords. As a forum owner, there is no reason to get any sensitive and private stuff of your members.
i have to register them by my own hands cuz its privacy that only me can register my user for it so i have to just know the password if i set a password from by my self people will know i will hack their accounts
Quote:i will hack their accounts

Is that what basically you want to do, hack their accounts? Why not create a random password for them for extra security and send them that password and if they want to change it, they'll tell you their password themselves.

Also, where or for what do you want to register those members?
I am confused. If the secret project is a MyBB forum, then close everything but to a specific usergroup and then let people register and then request access. You then assign them to the group and they now have access.

You can even use the built in join groups system and manage the requests that way.
(2013-07-18, 10:32 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I am confused. If the secret project is a MyBB forum, then close everything but to a specific usergroup and then let people register and then request access. You then assign them to the group and they now have access.

You can even use the built in join groups system and manage the requests that way.

its not mybb forum something else i just want to copy their password and paste it in the registration then after i dont i will tell them login with username that you chosen and the password same the forum login
Once again, Why not create a random password for them for extra security and send them that password and if they want to change it, they'll tell you their password themselves.
Then setup your new project to use salt and password like MyBB does and simply copy that data to your new project and then the users can log in with their existing credentials.
(2013-07-18, 10:47 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Once again, Why not create a random password for them for extra security and send them that password and if they want to change it, they'll tell you their password themselves.

Sounds Great, and to avoid people scare from me i will tell them if you want to change the random password just send an email to a bot
Pages: 1 2