MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: toolbar from editor missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi just noticed my toolbar from editor missing its a fresh install any idea how to fix this ?
[Image: missing_zpscaa466c0.png]
I've just posted the exact same problem. Only mine isn't a new install. Curious.
im sure i had the very same prob when i set my other forum up on mybb 18 months ago but that board is on vbulletin 4 now

can any1 help with this things just should`nt be missing on a fresh install
Easy fix to this but before giving the accurate solution, I need access to your forum. Can you provide me a test account?
(2013-07-19, 02:24 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Easy fix to this but before giving the accurate solution, I need access to your forum. Can you provide me a test account?

pm sent with login info m8
I can see the editor when I create a thread in the "Welcome Area" forum. What do you see on your side?
i put a screenshot up in first post i tried using firefox and chrome and its not there on both, got i wish i had the cash to just use vbulletin 4 like whats on my other forum just to save all this hassle

just tried I.E too and still no editor toolbar
You are free to leave MyBB, no one is holding you back. You can use many alternatives, vBulletin and MyBB aren't the only choices you have.

As for your issue, Your forum is loading very slow so I couldn't check it and you provided me the wrong credentials once which wasted my time yet I'm trying to help you. Here's a list of solutions I've compiled for you to figure out for yourself.

1) Change editor style from default to office 2007

Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Themes>YOUR THEME>Editor Style

2) Enable Clickable MyCode Editor in ACP.

ACP>Configuration>Settings>Clickable Smilies and BB Code

3) Reupload jscripts_themes folder.

.jscripts/jscripts_themes (FTP)

4) Add {codebuttons} after <textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea> in newthread and newreply template.

ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME

5) Find updated templates and revert to original.

ACP>Templates & Styles>Find Updated templates

6) Reupload codebuttons folder to .images and .images/theme

7) In cloudflare, disable Rocket Loader or Auto Minify

Also, I'm providing you free help so please learn to appreciate it and I see the default editor on your forum. I can upload a picture to prove myself.
(2013-07-19, 05:17 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]You are free to leave MyBB, no one is holding you back. You can use many alternatives, vBulletin and MyBB aren't the only choices you have.

As for your issue, Your forum is loading very slow so I couldn't check it and you provided me the wrong credentials once which wasted my time yet I'm trying to help you. Here's a list of solutions I've compiled for you to figure out for yourself.

1) Change editor style from default to office 2007

Go to ACP>Templates & Styles>Themes>YOUR THEME>Editor Style

2) Enable Clickable MyCode Editor in ACP.

ACP>Configuration>Settings>Clickable Smilies and BB Code

3) Reupload jscripts_themes folder.

.jscripts/jscripts_themes (FTP)

4) Add {codebuttons} after <textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea> in newthread and newreply template.

ACP>Templates & Styles>Templates>YOUR THEME

5) Find updated templates and revert to original.

ACP>Templates & Styles>Find Updated templates

6) Reupload codebuttons folder to .images and .images/theme

7) In cloudflare, disable Rocket Loader or Auto Minify

Also, I'm providing you free help so please learn to appreciate it and I see the default editor on your forum. I can upload a picture to prove myself.

i do appreciate your help its not your fault im having problems just would of thought i wouldnt get these issues i`m sure i had the very same issue with my other forum when i started out on mybb but cant remember the fix but as for the forum loading slow its not for me and its on a vps server
You have many, many missing Javascript files and images. I advise you fix them as it seems you've imported a theme from another site without copying the files. You'd have the same issues if you did this on a vBulletin forum too so switching won't solve anything.
Pages: 1 2