MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fixing a theme's language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Forum! I installed mybb and a theme. The theme creators are Italian and a lot of the content is in Italian. But that is not much of a problem, I guess. I have found where the templates can be accessed from the Admin Control panel.

So I have fixed a lot of the content that was originally in Italian.

I find it strange that tha language settings is in English though. I imagine that would fix some of the issues.

There are a lot of templates and I wonder if just editing the templates is enough. I found some of the code in the templates are like this:
title="{$lang->login_password}" 

So, how and where would I make this change? I can only assume what this means and where and how I can find the assignment of the varaible in php to fix this.

The mybb page is here if you want to see the remaining Italina content. http://www.fislam.com/mybb_1610/Upload/

and the home page is www.fislam.com
editing code in the templates should be sufficient as the content for language variables is replaced from the language files.
There are hundreds of these templates. Is there any way I can do this outside of the Admin Control Panel?

Since this is my first time working with this, I do not know if this is a common thing or not, but, when I go to edit the content in the editor, it sometimes takes out all the return line characters so that the entire templates becomes one line. Is this how these things sometimes behave?
You can open the theme's .xml file in a text editor like Notepad++ and search with CTRL + F for the Italian words. That would be the fastest way I think.

@down, sorry, what? The single .xml theme file contains all templates and stylesheets if you export the theme properly. So I don't get what you're trying to say.
there aren't enough .XML or .CSS files to account for all of the templates.

Do you think it might be possible that these things are somehow in the database?
(2013-07-20, 07:28 PM)Xarzu Wrote: [ -> ]there aren't enough .XML or .CSS files to account for all of the templates.

If you export the theme, you're given an XML file with all the templates and CSS files.
(2013-07-20, 07:30 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-20, 07:28 PM)Xarzu Wrote: [ -> ]there aren't enough .XML or .CSS files to account for all of the templates.

If you export the theme, you're given an XML file with all the templates and CSS files.

Yes. Thank you. I found the single XML file that has all the settings.

Right now I am trying to trck down a pecular thing. I do not think it is part of this xml file. I also have searched the database for this bit of text.

if you go to:
http://www.fislam.com/mybb_1610/Upload/member.php
and click on "login" at the top of the page.
There becomes a prompt to enter a username and password. But the button to click for "enter" is shown as "undefined" There is also a check box that i do not want or need.

Any suggestions as to how I can track this down?

It looks like this

[img]www.fislam.com/undefined.PNG[/img]