MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get E-mail Notifications Automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

First, this is the best forum software I've come accross.

Question:

Is there a way to set the forum up where the box is automatically checked for registered members to receive e-mail notifications?

Currently, the member has to check the box to get the e-mails.

Thanks!

Vondre'
In member.php
Find
		if(!$fromreg)
		{
			$allownoticescheck = "checked=\"checked\"";
			$hideemailcheck = '';
			$emailnotifycheck = '';
Replace with:
		if(!$fromreg)
		{
			$allownoticescheck = "checked=\"checked\"";
			$hideemailcheck = '';
			$emailnotifycheck = 'checked="checked"';
Hi DennisTT,

I replace it with the code you suggested and it still does not automatically sends notification e-mails to registered members.

Is there anyother way to do it?

Vondre
Do you mean all registered members? Btw, DennisTT's code will make the Email Notifications check-box on the registration page automatically checked.
Hmmm...

I found the exact piece of code in my member.php file and replaced it as suggested.

Then I uploaded it to my server and e-mail notifications box was not automatically checked.

Do I have to log out and then log back in to see the changes?

Thanks!

Vondre'

I see Christian!

The code automatically sets new members up to receive e-mails from threads they post in.

But, the old members would still have to subscribe to the forum to get e-mail notifications automatically.

Thanks!

Vondre'
Correct. You can also instruct current members to enable it via their UserCP.

UserCP > Edit Options > check 'Automatically subscribe to threads you post in.'
You can set that setting for everyone using the SQL code:
Can you run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin?
UPDATE mybb_users SET emailnotify='yes'
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)
If there are 10 members to a forum do email notifications get sent (if checked) for every post and thread? Or does each member have to sign up or register/post in a thread to get a notification? Does this make sense?
Thanks in advance,
Mike
The user has to post/create the thread in order to get notifications about it.
Thank you for your quick reply. So if I start a new thread an email is not sent out to all the users in the forum? They have to post a reply first correct? Is there any way for all users in a forum to receive emails to all threads started and posts in all threads?
Mike
Pages: 1 2