MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Forum / Site - Feedback wanted !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As my website has no content I cannot showcase it in the showcase forum, so I'm posting it here in order to get some feedback and suggestions as I'm still developing the site.

I dont mind you guys ripping into me about certain elements of the design/layout as long as it's constructive criticism. Let me know what you think, what you would change, what you would add etc...

Note, there's currently no content as I'm still developing it, thus the forum is not open to new registrations until I have sufficient content. Looking forward to your feedback !!

Link: http://mybbconnect.com

Update:

I've made subtle changes to the postbit area, redesigned the post number link, postbit now displays a badge based on the user (admin/normal member) and finally I've changed the checkbox where you select the post to something more appealing. Take a look at the update below.

[attachment=29796][attachment=29797]
Your theme is amazing. There's nothing much I can say because I love your theme. Nice light theme with a little darkness so it's not too bright.
(2013-07-20, 08:59 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Your theme is amazing. There's nothing much I can say because I love your theme. Nice light theme with a little darkness so it's not too bright.

Thats a good start, thank you !!
Are you waiting for 1.8? I don't see any prototype code in the site so far.
(2013-07-20, 09:21 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Are you waiting for 1.8? I don't see any prototype code in the site so far.

I've implemented a lot of jQuery so far. For example, I've used jQuery to hide the breadcrumb navigation when a user is on the index page. I felt that it wasn't needed on the index. Needless to say the breadcrumb is visible on other pages as the user navigates the forum.

Ive also used jquery to hide stuff like inline moderation, and thread ratings and replaced them with a toggle button. I did this to clean up these areas as they are not always needed (screenshot below)

[attachment=29784]
<removed>
(2013-07-20, 10:42 PM)thebobo1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
You have multiple urls for your home page, redirect to a single one.
There is a plugin that really adds to usability and SEO, I won't mention its name Smile
Use w3c validator(s) to make valid code.
Design looks clean.
(Some) text is not easy to read (breadcrumbs, powered by).
Some dark sharp corners look dangerous to me.

Good luck with your site!

1. What do you mean by multiple urls for the homepage ? I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly.

2. Yes I'll be implementing Google SEO at a later stage.

3. The powered by is pretty small, although that is intended as its not something that users read all the time. The breadcrumb text is italic at the moment, maybe changing the style to normal might improve it. Again the breadcrumb is something I wanted to keep subtle.

4. I played about with rounded corners, but I felt that they take the sharp look of the design.

Thanks for the feedback "thebobo1", appreciate it !
<removed>
Oh right that should be sorted now, links may have been changed over the last few days.
I think you should reduce the height of the header to about 80px (looked really good that way on my screen, IMO). Then the links and logo need their margin-top adjusted to I think 10 or 15px to match the header change if you decide to do so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4